Skip to main content

Author Topic: I Wasn't Ashamed To Do Bricklaying Job To Pay Fees

H
  • Administrator
I Wasn't Ashamed To Do Bricklaying Job To Pay  My Fees-  Maduadichie, Final  Year Poly Student

A final-year student of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State, Cyprian Maduadichie, who recently completed his final examinations, became an Internet sensation after revealing that he took up several menial jobs to sponsor himself through school. He shares his triumphs with TOBI AWORINDE

Can you tell us about yourself?

I was born on September 17, 1995. I am from Ezeagu, Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State. I am the third of seven children of my parents. I am a final year student of Mass Communication at the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State. I just finished my final exams.

Why did you choose to study Mass Communication.?

The first career choice I made was becoming a priest. After my primary education, I took the entrance examination for St. Dominic Saviour Seminary, Akpu, passed and was granted admission. I entered JS1 in 2008 and continued with the seminary process and formation till 2014 when I took my West African Senior School Certificate Examination. According to the seminary programme, after secondary school education, one goes for a one-year apostolic service, which I did. But I couldn’t make it into the spiritual year, which is another year of studying philosophy following the apostolic year.

What motivated you to go to the seminary?

As a child, I had joined the mass servers, that is, those that help the priest at the altar. From there, I nurtured the interest to go to the seminary. I just wanted to serve God by helping in ministry.
--
Source: Punch Newspaper
  • IP logged
No reactions